Thursday, April 1, 2010

Siblings

If only it were this easy. For some reason, this commercial just touched me differently and brought out the miracle of life. It also reminded me how much love there can be between siblings.Riley and Asher have been so cute together lately. The other night, I was sitting in the recliner in the basement and Asher was sitting in a baby doll stroller. Riley pushed him down the hall and I heard some laughing, then the stroller came back into the main room with Riley sitting in it and Asher pushing it.

Becca told me that the other day, during quiet time, Asher was calling for "Why-wee" over and over (this is common in the morning and quiet [nap] time when he is up and Riley isn't). Asher made his way upstairs and called for her outside her bedroom door. She wasn't napping, so she stuck her fingers under the door and he would grab them and yell, "Why-wee!" Becca opened the door, the kids acted like they hadn't seen each other in weeks, they hugged and kissed, then Riley was sent back into her room for more quiet time.

4 comments:

Lucas Harman said...

i've never seen that - so cute!!

Janine said...

So sweet! I can't wait until our little ones can interact more. And thanks for the tip on the scooter! One is en route for our favorite toddler. :)

Courtney said...

awww... remember when you and Tami were just like this? Oh wait, I wasn't born yet.

Rachel B. said...

Such a cute story about them embracing during naptime. I love those sweet sibling moments.

And Becca, here is the website that has the pattern for those dolls:
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll?lnc=38f9cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD
I just stole some of my friend's fabric so I have no idea where it was from. Good luck. It's totally worth it, Reese loved her doll.