Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hidden in Plain Site

Riley was enamoured this year with the pumpkins and gourds we gathered at the pumpkin patch in October. She treated the small ones like pets, and even claimed a couple of them for her bedroom. I knew I'd have to be stealthy about getting rid of them. So as soon as Thanksgiving had passed, I started tossing a couple in the trash outside every couple of days, making sure she wasn't around to witness it. My plan went off without a hitch, and I thought I had disposed of all of them. Until I noticed this in her bedroom this morning:

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Well, you can't get rid of that one! It's a member of the dollhouse family.

jamie said...

ha ha ha. That's a sneaky pumpkin to hide in the attic. That's where I'd hide if I were a pumpkin.

Reary Family said...

Pretty funny. Cole went through that same obsession with pumpkins, and hasn't really gotten over it. Maybe you should keep it around for next year. Who doesn't want a pumpkin pet?