Thursday, March 3, 2011

Family-Friendly Las Vegas

At the end of January the kids and I tagged along with Scot to Las Vegas. He was attending a conference there, and I was ready for some warmer weather. It was our first time in Vegas since before we were married, so it was definitely a different experience. Two kids and a checking account balance higher than $40 will do that.

Because our hotel was just across a parking lot from a monorail stop, we chose not to rent a car. The monorail was pretty convenient, but since nearly all the stops are behind the hotels on the strip, there was still a lot of walking involved to get anywhere. But the kids were good sports, and we all had a lot of fun.
I'd never been to the MGM Grand before, so I was impressed by the lion enclosure. We got there in time to watch their feeding, and early enough that we were right next to the glass. That's Riley's head in the bottom right corner, and that lion was only four or five feet away from her.
 Asher's favorite were the dolphins at the Mirage. We were able to watch some trainers-in-training do a few tricks with three of the dolphins.
 Scot was impressed by how close we could get to some of the animals at the Mirage.
Riley liked the white tigers.
Asher preferred growling at the non-live animals.
And kids or no kids, no trip to the Strip is complete without a stop at M&M's World.
Or in our case, two stops. While there, we stocked up on red "mems" to use as Asher's potty training incentives. My fingers are crossed that we'll have a post related to that in the near future!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

So fun!! I love all your pictures. I'm excited to hear more about potty training. I hope we get there before too long as well. :)

Rick said...

Hi becca (megan ha ha!) and Scot. I think about you all often. I looked at your blog a little bit. It looks like you all are doing great! Please send your email address. We don't have a blog but maybe we need one. Thanks for sharing all you do on your blog. Take care. Love from Cynthia & Rick Konkle

Rick said...

my email address is:
cynthiakonkle@gmail.com. I was on Rick's account