Our kids have always loved aquariums, so we took them to Sea World in San Diego. I have to say that I probably enjoyed this more than Disney World or other amusement parks because there really weren't lines to wait in. (The few rides that are there required the kids to be taller.) We saw the shows and walked through the exhibits. I liked the dolphin show the most because they do the most tricks. The Shamu show was fun and the Sea Lion show was Becca's favorite (mostly because they danced to Thriller).
Asher loved the Walrus. That thing was huge - as big as a VW bug, but longer! Asher asked me to take his picture.
Riley likes anything princess-related right now, so Miss Coral Reef was a big hit.
Riley's favorite exhibit was the sea stars (the marine biologist constantly talked about how they aren't starfish). She wanted to keep going back to hold them. We also found out (read: got in trouble) that you shouldn't take them out of the water; it's like suffocating them.

Some nice mother with season passes gave little Shamu stuffed animals to our kids because her kids had some already. They were the favorite souvenir. Asher kept calling his a dolphin and we would correct him. Finally he told us, "I want to say it's a dolphin!" Fine. The kids liked the 3D glasses for the 4D pirate movie (3D + water spray and puffs of air).

No comments:
Post a Comment