Thursday, July 19, 2012

Star Wars

Scot DVRed all the Star Wars movies as they were recently on one of the cable channels. He and the kids have been watching them together some Saturday evenings over the last couple of months. Having no interest in Star Wars, I love that they're all entertained and I get to do my own thing around the house for an hour or so. The downside is the questions Asher comes up with days after watching, that I have no idea how to answer. "When is Yoda's birthday?" "Why do the bad guys wear masks?" "Why does Yoda have magic hands?" "Where did the babies go?" "Why did Heavenly Father send bad guys to this world?" Obviously there are some that I'd probably know the answers to if I had ever watched an Episode of Star Wars all the way through. But definitely others that have no answer.

Right now all three kids are running around the basement with paper towel tubes, playing "light savers." I've tried to explain that the swords in Star Wars are called "light sabers," (yes, even I know that) and that "light savers" are people who turn off the light when they leave a room. Either they don't believe that I know what I'm talking about (which is a fair assumption about this topic), or "savers" is just easier to say than "sabers," or they just don't care.

Also, why is it that Tyson refuses to couple the word "please" with any other word? For example, this morning he was mad at me because I hadn't given him juice. He glared at me and said "juice" over and over. But he adamantly refused to say "juice, please" by pursing his lips and looking away from me every time I suggested it. Yet he can run around the basement, shaking a toilet paper tube at his siblings and yelling "bad guy" all morning long. Seriously, is adding "please" to another word any more difficult that saying "bad guy?" Stubborn kid!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Remember when we were trying to get Landon to sign please? And Riley could say please? Landon just refused to sign it so no dessert for him!!

The Higginbothams said...

I can't believe your kids are watching Star Wars and not having nightmares! Brady watched a little of it a while ago and swears he never will again. Way too many bad dreams.
My kids both call them light savers as well, and I wonder if they got the toilet paper tube idea from him. He's also made "laminated" paper light sabers, but they just don't work as well.
And finally, yes, Tyson is stubborn. He's not going to die without juice with his breakfast.