I wanted this summer to be a fun one for me and the kids. Since I'm not a spontaneous person, I knew that if I didn't do some advanced planning we'd end up sitting around the house more than any of us would appreciate, and our outings would, more likely than not, be trips to Target and occasional playgroups with the same group of friends from church.
I set a goal for myself to have one trip to a park, one trip to a pool, and one "adventure" each week. So far we've accomplished that goal every week, and even exceeded it most weeks with multiple park visits.
Our first adventure was a little more ambitious than future ones will be: a three day/two night camping trip to Golden Gate State Park. We lucked out with a great campsite that was right in front of some perfect climbing rocks.
Riley and Asher spent so much time climbing and exploring together.
The first morning we were there we took a hike to a nearby pond called Dude's Fishing Hole.
Both boys had had enough hiking by the time we got there, so after looking around for a little bit, I headed back to camp with them, while Scot and Riley continued on an additional 3 mile loop.
By the time they got back, Riley was worn out and insisted that the hike had been too long. But you can tell from these pictures that it wasn't all bad. The first is one she took of Scot just before they headed out on their own.
Then, one of Riley posing for him later in their hike. Think she's a daddy's girl?
But as always, one of the favorite parts of camping for the whole family was just sitting around the campfire.



No comments:
Post a Comment