While driving my nephew (the 2 seater is faster because it has more HP), the car two cars ahead of us spun the guy out in front of him and we had no option (things happen fast) but to T-bone him. It was hard enough of a hit to throw my glasses off my face to my feet. My nephew started to cry and I felt like a jerk, even though there was nothing I could do. Let's just say that the next time we went, he had no interest in racing and he insists that daddy is a better driver (no wrecks with him). I ended up having a big bruise on my ribs and Camden had a seat belt burn on his neck.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Scot, the NASCAR driver
I went to a place called Frankie's with Tami and her family. This is one of those places that has mini-golf (when we went another time, I got 4 hole-in-ones on the front 9), batting cages, race tracks, bumber boats, an arcade, and a restaurant. We raced each of the two courses, one which was a slicktrack (you really slide out hard on the corners, so you have to correct for your spin to get out of it) and then a traditional track. I went a second time with my nephew, Camden (who is 5). On these courses, my strategy is: 1) press the gas, only the gas, and nothing but the gas, 2) bump draft, 3) on corners, hit the guys rear side to spin them out. Anyway, it may be a little dirty, but Tony Stewart does it, so why not?
While driving my nephew (the 2 seater is faster because it has more HP), the car two cars ahead of us spun the guy out in front of him and we had no option (things happen fast) but to T-bone him. It was hard enough of a hit to throw my glasses off my face to my feet. My nephew started to cry and I felt like a jerk, even though there was nothing I could do. Let's just say that the next time we went, he had no interest in racing and he insists that daddy is a better driver (no wrecks with him). I ended up having a big bruise on my ribs and Camden had a seat belt burn on his neck.
While driving my nephew (the 2 seater is faster because it has more HP), the car two cars ahead of us spun the guy out in front of him and we had no option (things happen fast) but to T-bone him. It was hard enough of a hit to throw my glasses off my face to my feet. My nephew started to cry and I felt like a jerk, even though there was nothing I could do. Let's just say that the next time we went, he had no interest in racing and he insists that daddy is a better driver (no wrecks with him). I ended up having a big bruise on my ribs and Camden had a seat belt burn on his neck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment