I have found my Mecca. Fort Collins just opened a new library branch that is closer to our house than the others, so we went to check it out this morning. Shelves and shelves of books. Brand NEW books. All clean and pretty and lined up in unfailing alphabetically order. And all free! It was hard to resist the urge to check out a dozen or two. Instead, we got two for Riley and four for me. I think I'm more excited about getting the books read so I can go back and check out more than I am to actually read them.
6 comments:
That's so awesome! Libraries give me that sort of thrill too. So much cooler than candy. I have a hard time not checking out too many as well!
Our library was new about a year ago, and we don't hold back, often checking out like 20 books at a time :) he brand new books, all in order, are soooo nice!
I'll bet your spankin new library is a bit of a contrast to the one you remember as a child. And well do I remember the 20 book limit; we made very frequent trips to the old Pleasant Grove Library with all of you being such avid readers.
How fun! Chris thinks library books are germ infested and would rather have a new one, but I LOVE library books. Perhaps because they are free....
Hooray for new libraries! I'd be in heaven too! :) I can't wait for a new library to be built near us. Right now, the closest one is about 35 minutes away!
oh i don't know what we would do without the library!
we love it!
Post a Comment