Sunday, May 2, 2010

Riley's Recipe

We have a subscription to a great magazine called "High Five." It's Highlights, for preschoolers. Each issue has a recipe that is easy enough for Riley to make with a little help from me.

We made Creamy Pasta Salad, and it was so fun and so tasty. Using a plastic knife (her "safe knife"), Riley cut the cherry tomatoes by herself while I opened cans and measured ingredients. She dumped all the ingredients in the bowl and helped me mix it together.

Creamy Pasta Salad
2 cups shell pasta
1 can (15-ounces) corn
1 can (15-ounces) chickpeas
1 cup frozen peas
Cherry tomatoes
4-ounce block goat cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
Salt and pepper

Adult: Cook pasta. Drain and keep warm.

Drain corn and chickpeas. Put them in a large bowl. Add peas.

Cut some cherry tomatoes in half, and put them in the bowl.

Crumble goat cheese into the bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, and some salt and pepper.

Add the warm pasta. Stir until the goat cheese has melted into a creamy sauce. Delicious warm or cold!

2 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

That sounds like a good salad. I usually only have Brady help with desserts because he likes to use (and lick!) the beaters. I'll have to try this recipe sometime.
Also, will you post that spinach salad recipe from Easter on Relative Recipes? I want to try it. Thanks!

Danielle said...

Wow...I'm impressed your kids will eat this! You lost my kids after 2 cups pasta!