Soon after Thanksgiving last year, Riley was talking about Santa constantly. After hearing her bring Santa up again, Scot asked her what the most important thing about Christmas is. She quickly responded, "We celebrate Jesus's adoption. Er, birth."
One of the valentines Riley received from a school friend was a paper heart attached to a glow stick. The message on the paper was: "You make my heart glow." Riley must have thought it was extremely clever because I overheard her saying it to herself a couple of times that afternoon. The next day she made a cute collage at preschool and wrote Mom *heart* Dad on it. When she handed it to me after school she told me, 'You make me glow my heart out."
After preschool one day: "You wanna know what I said to Tyler (a boy in preschool)? I said, 'My dad can beat your dad up.'" Tyler has older siblings, so I suspect/hope that he's the one that started this conversation.
2 comments:
LOVE this!! Jesus' adoption...er, birth! Classic!
I mean, Joseph sort of adopted Jesus, right? So, not too far off! :)
Post a Comment