Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sealing Celebration

This was the second year that we celebrated Riley's sealing. Last year Scot gave her pink gerbera daisies (because they were pink) and she chose pizza for dinner. This year Scot gave her pink gerbera daisies (because she likes the way they droop after a couple of days) and she chose pizza for dinner.
We tried a pizza place that we hadn't been to. The pizza was great, and the kids loved playing on the Galaga and Cruisin' USA games. I think we'll be eating there again.
For her bedtime story that night I told her about her sealing day. About all the people that love her who drove, and even flew, to San Antonio to be in the temple with us. About how angelic she looked in the beautiful white dress her Grandmommy gave her. About the ceremony that was performed in the temple that allows me to be her mommy for eternity. Then I showed her the dress she wore that day, and I could see her eyes light up as the story became more than just a story. And hopefully the day became about more than just pizza and flowers.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That was a great day! I was just looking through pictures recently and saw those pictures of that day. Such a great day!