While in Texas we took a vacation from our vacation, and drove south to the coast. We packed a lunch and spent the afternoon at the beach on South Padre Island. We went to the Texas coast once before, when we lived there, and honestly, I don't think the water or the weather were that much different in mid-October than they were that May: luke-warm and windy.
We couldn't keep Riley out of the water. She had so much fun trying to jump over the waves.
The boys, on the other hand, only wanted to be in the water if Scot was holding them above it. They spent most of their time playing in the sand. Instead of packing beach toys, we planned to buy some cheap ones when we got in town. Not surprisingly, the grocery store no longer had them in stock. We stopped at a Walmart when we got to the coast. The employee in the toy department looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about them, and answered that they were out of season. We improvised with a trick-or-treat bucket, some plastic drinking cups, and three ice scoops.
The kids had a blast and were completely worn out by the time we headed back to San Antonio. Lucky for us, the slept for most of the nearly-four-hour ride back!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I totally know the out-of-season scenario. I tried to find a new winter hat for Hazel during February when she was a baby (her head got really big really fast). I talked to many salespeople as I tried to find one, and they were all annoyed at me because it was all springtime stuff on the shelves. I ended up having to get her an adult hat and put some elastic in the brim to snug it up to her head a little (although it didn't take much snugging; she has a really big head).
Post a Comment